Friday, May 7, 2010

Turn the Key


My daughter and I were playing out in the light rain the other day. It was a blast.
I don't take chances like this often enough to be a kid again. It's great to kick back, temporarily let go of the worries in life, and just enjoy it. Children have so much to teach us about this world and who we really are.

Turn the Key

The daily grind
a cluttered mind
going through the motions
deep in a rut.

Outside, a springtime shower
splashes the bone-dry earth.

She wants to go out,
with dogged persistence.
My energy is spent,
reluctantly I go.

Cupping the rain in her hands
giggling, she throws it on me.
For her it’s a game,
just doing what's natural.

I play along
and soak in the moment.
For a split second, I'm a kid again
The worries fade
Dormant hopes and dreams
come flooding back.

Her passion for life
infectious and powerful.
truely humbled
by her boundless wonder.

As the raindrops fall
cloudy mind clears,
and reveals a glimpse
of the path before me.

Old haunting fears
are smashed into pieces.

A tiny piece of the grand scheme
falls into place.
If trust in Him
and continue to listen, it will unfold.

The secret to unlock
the life I always wanted
is now in my grasp.

All I must do, is turn the key.

Photo by Bohman

No comments:

Post a Comment